- Delegate voting strength is determined by averaging past 12-month per capita payment (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018)
- Locals in existence for less than 12 months voting strength is determined by the monthly average of per capita tax paid
- All per capita tax and EDF loans must be current through March 2018 in order to access the online credential/registration process
Thursday, April 5
- Affiliate presidents, secretaries and secretary-treasurers will receive an email notice that access to the online Convention information including credentials, registration, proxies, hotel reservation information, etc. is available
- The ability to credential delegates, alternates, and proxies is available only to the president or secretary-treasurer of the affiliate and only to locals with up-to-date per capita tax payments
June 2018: All per capita and EDF loans must be paid through June 2018 to be seated at Convention
Thursday, June 7: Censure resolutions must be received by the General President (60 days prior to Convention)
Sunday, June 17
- All resolutions (except censure resolutions) must be received by the General Secretary-Treasurer via mail, email (preferred) by 5:00 p.m. EDT (50 days prior to Convention)
- Any resolution received after this deadline will be returned to sender
Sunday, July 15: The online process for proxies and alternate proxies must be completed by 5:00 p.m. EDT
Wednesday, August 1: IAFF Executive Board meeting 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. ( working lunch )
Wednesday, August 1: Early Committees arrive: Constitution & By-laws, Policy & Resolutions Committees
Thursday, August 2: Credentials Committee arrives
Thursday, August 2: C&BL, Policy & Resolutions Committees begin meeting
Friday, August 3: Credentials Committee begin meeting
Saturday, August 4: Grievances & Appeals, Rules of Order, Legislative, Health & Safety, and Sergeant-at-Arms Committees arrive
Sunday, August 5: Grievances & Appeals, Rules of Order, Legislative, Health & Safety, and Sergeant-at-Arms Committees begin meeting
August 5 – 6
Credential Check-In and Convention Registration begins.
- Note: Per capita tax and EDF loan payments must be received for the month of June 2018 to seat delegates at Convention.
- Registration hours:
- Sunday, August 5: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 6: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Convention ID badges MUST be picked up by 5:00 p.m. in order to be seated at Convention
August 6, 2018: Welcome Reception (Host Local)
August 6, 2018: Opening Ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m.; General Session begins at 2:00 p.m.
August 7, 2018: FIREPAC Leadership Trust Reception
August 9, 2018: 100th Anniversary Gala
August 10, 2018: Convention ends