IAFF leaders across the United States and Canada go above and beyond the call of duty to protect the interests of their members. At the IAFF 54th Convention, 16 affiliate leaders, one from each district, were honored with an IAFF Leadership Award for their accomplishments in serving their locals and the union.
“Each of the honorees have given 15 years or more of dedicated service to their local, state or provincial association and the International,” said General President Harold Schaitberger. “Their commitment to their membership has been nothing short of incredible.”
As President Schaitberger presented the awards, 16th District Vice President James Johnson and 10th District Vice President Frank Lima called each recipient to the stage.
The 2018 Local Leadership Award winners are:
- District 1 – Uniformed Fire Officers Association of New York City Local 854 Past Vice President Patrick Dunn
- District 2 – Kansas City Professional Fire Fighters Local 64 Secretary-Treasurer William P. “Pat” Young
- District 3 – Brockton Firefighters Local 144 Past President Archibald “Archie” Gormley Jr.
- District 4 – Professional Fire Fighters of Maryland President Michael B. Rund
- District 5 – Minneapolis Airport Fire Fighters Local S-6 Past President Brian Sjodin
- District 6 – Abbotsford Fire Fighters Association Local 2854 Past President Lud Schierling
- District 7 – Vancouver, WA Local 452 Past President Mark Johnston
- District 8 – Professional Fire Fighters Union of Indiana President Tom Hanify
- District 9 – Colorado Professional Fire Fighters President Emeritus Mike Rogers
- District 10 – San Diego Fire Fighters Local 145 Past President Ron Saathoff
- District 11 – Fort Worth Local 440 President Emeritus Jim Tate
- District 12 – Professional Fire Fighters of Miami Beach Local 1510 President Adonis Garcia
- District 13 – Manitoba Professional Fire Fighters Association President Dave Naaykens
- District 14 – Professional Fire Fighters Association of Louisiana Secretary-Treasurer Stacy Birdwell
- District 15 – Atlantic Provinces Professional Fire Fighters President Glenn Sullivan
- District 16 — Federal Fire Fighters of San Diego Local F-33 President Michael Massone